Wednesday, December 31, 2008

2008

Well.... somehow another year has managed to creep past me...... again.. :P

It seems somehow that i've been cheated out of most of my year, my being in Korea has always seemed like a type of self imposed exile to me, it's like a sabbatical or a leave of absence, perhap even a pilgrimage of sorts, to challenge myself and to see what type of person i really am.
Because of all this... i just don't think it's fair that time should pass regularly (silly i know)

Still 2008 has passed not without difficulty, but i feel that i have, for the most part, handled the challenges it has thrown at me.

I have learned to live with and by myself in numerous different way, i have learned to organise myself because i have noone else to do it for me, not that i was totally reliant on others previously, but.. still i didn't even have a saftety net to fall back on. I have also learned to look after my health a lot more, as i know if i fall sick *touch wood* that i won't have anybody to look after me, so prevention is definitely better than cure.

It seems like i've done so much in this year, and i owe that to being in Korea, a place where i've begun to learn the language, a place i begin to appreciate a lot more now.

It's hard for me to think what home's like right now, i wanted to post a series of pictures of my entire year... but i've left pictures before my exodus at my 'home' in Korea.

I've been so man places this year;
1/ i started the new year in Malaysia in somebody else's home before going to
2/Thailand for a week to se the sites there, i returned
3/Home to Australia for a couple of months before going to
4/Seoul in Korea to begin my work as an ELT and couple of months later my darling arrives and we go to
5/Jeju Island at the south end of Korea. The rest of the year passes and in this month i've returned to
6/Malaysia once again for Jin Khang's wedding and then to
7/Hong Kong to spend New Year's Eve with my sister


If Facebook is any indication... in 2007 i made 7 albums for the entire year, THIS year however i've made 38 ...... fair effort i'd say

Distance has made things hard for some aspects of my life, and i hope that the distance shortens for that reason.

I have a lot of people to thank for making my time in Korea better and less lonely than it could've been. But as long as i've been there and as much as i'm beggining to fit in, it's still not home...



I hope that 2009 presents me with even more challenges even more opportunites and chances to force me to grow.


THank you 2008. you've been a good year to me =)


Happy new year everybody.
For people in Korea, I'll see you soon,
For people in Australia, I miss you all
For the person in Malaysia, I wish you were with me.

4 comments:

shirlynn said...

and i wish that i was with you.

Happy New Year darling.

Here's to an amazing year for the both of us!

xx
<3

ahseng said...

THE PERSON in malaysia, u forgot the everyone else!!!!!haha

ahseng said...

btw of course, just to clarify, shirlynn is THE PERSON. haha. hope you guys have a great and closer 2009

nickorea said...

what about those in Canada?
Ass...
;)