Thursday, December 4, 2008

Malaysia - the Journey there

So I finish up at work at about... 6pm on Tuesday head out with Sean and Mel for some 만두(mandu) and some fried chicken with beer cos i felt like hanging out instead of going home.. seeing as I'd finished my packing already.

Finally head home and finish up the last bits of my packing and rather than sleping i decide to head over to the 찜질방 for some hot water soaking and a long massage as well as a nice long body scrub and massage .... hour long massage.... daaaammn...

So unfortunately the massage wasn't quite as good as the previous time so i didn't sleep as much as i just dozed in and out meaning that i was actually quite tired afterwards.... so i remedied this by eating :P 냉면 (cold noodles) for my breakfast before heading off home to grab my bags and to the Airport limousine bus with my faithful sidekick in to

As is my uual self when I'm alone I pretty much triple checked everything every like 5 minutes and made wsure of where i had to be and when so I got on the plane with no drama whatsoever, plane left early in fact... half empty flight too..


So i land in Hong Kong around... 11 something just before 12. and this time for some reason i got through the security check with no problems at all took me less that .. 10 minutes to get back to the gate area.

Which is when i went hunting for some Chinese food :):):):)... the first place i went to ran out of duck.... which honestly almost made me cry seeing as I'd been looking forward to it so much it wasn't even funny. so i opted for a Beef Rib noodles with REAL 'lai mien' (noble cousin of Ramen and Ramyun) in a Bak Khut teh soup... it was pretty good ... the 'set' came with a drink... and a dish of........... chicken's feet.

Now for those that know me... they also know that I don't do chicken feet.
and again for those that know me, they ALSO know that i'm REALLY not big into wasting food...

So... i puckered up and ate the damn things.... and i gotta say... the texture reminds me pretty much of pig skin, and the sauce tastes pretty good :)

So anyway... feeling only somewhat satisfied after that mean seeing as i can get both in Korea. I was pretty desperate for a certain flavour so i went hunting and vame across sexactly what i wanted :)
Egg noodles with Roast Goose :) o.. m..g literally sighed with relief (and i'm currently drooling thinking about it)


It was EXACTLY what i wanted :) in fact i like it so much... i was SERIOUSLY tempted to order another serving.... but resisted.... for... i don't know why now come to think of it :S

Still had some time to kill so i figured i'd just log in to the Airport's wireless and say hi to everyone :P from my lil 'airport office' on the "ground" floor :P hahahaha


Afterwards, i board the full flight over to Malaysia with no troubles at all.

Though there was this lil Msian aunty next to me and i had to keep heling her with stuff cos she couldn't figure out some thing with the plane's amenities.
So i arrive and get picked up, and shuffled off to dinner and thence to my home for the next 11 days.


I get up this morning at around 2 pm and look outside... and as expected... it wants to raining -.-
less that 24 hrs in this country and it's already fulfilling my memories of this place :) hahahaha

4 comments:

NfOrCeR said...

Hope you're havin fun in m'sia!

whats it like luggin that Asus around? heavy much? hehe

Bev said...

yeah it's heavy.. but y'know i don't really mind hey... the back pack is more than good enough... and a a laptop bag for flights it's awesome..


on the way to korea i stuffed it full of crap... all of my travel documents then i stuck 2 hard drives, powerplugs and a whole stack of other things into it too... i honestly think the bag would've weighed about 12kgs

NfOrCeR said...

Yeah I always carry a shitload of stuff in my backpack along with my laptop when I go on holidays. Wrecks my back after a while! That's why im aiming for a lighter lappy hehe

Bev said...

hahaha like get a super tiny lappy but a ginormous backpack for it :P


i saw one here that's i'd love to have... just cos it's cool
600$ and it's a bit bigger than to EEE pc
but it's a wivel screen writing tablet as well....